Wednesday 8 October 2014

"The fat boy with the bomb and 299 more of the worlds craziest politicians"

It's been 3 months since my last entry and things have been crazily busy. I had planned to ink in past re-vamped work, start on some new submissions for 2000Ad and enter some competitions, but I only managed the  latter part of that due to some expected work. which I'll blog about next time

The unexpected work resulted from partnering up with a writer and illustrating a book that listed some crazy, eccentric, strange and often disturbing Politicians that are currently in power or working, some are well know, but many are not but are equally interesting.

The book is call "The fat boy with the bomb and 299 more of the worlds craziest politicians"

It turned out to be a really fun but taxing project. 300 caricatures plus some extras over the course of 2 and a half months.

It was pretty insightful too as I read about the politicians. Disgust, confusion, infuriating and uplifting are some of the words I would use to describe the politicians. There are more but I'll have to wash my mouth out with soap

The book should be coming out in November and there will be a book launch in Oxford, but the date hasn't been finalised yet.

Attach is few samples: Nigel Farage, Rob Ford and Janusz Palikot and yes, he really did hold up a dildo and handgun when addressing the press.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment