Friday 19 June 2015

Oxford art comp - oils part 1

 
 
I spent a few hours yesterday working in the sky and the furthest buildings and trees. I was very tentative so didn't get as much done as I had hoped. I'm fairly happy with the building but it's the trees by it I struggled with. I couldn't find a way of painting the distant trees that I was happy with.
 
 
 
So today I went back to the museum to look at the trees, the ones furthest away, the big tree in the middle and the foliage for the foreground. I also looked at the lower left of the building and ice cream cart as it was blocked by cars on the day I started painting. It was still obscured by cars though.
 
The sketches can be seen here and were very quickly done but I think it'll help me when I tackle the tree and foreground foliage just because it gave me an ideal of how the twigs and branches hang from the trunk.  

No comments:

Post a Comment