Wednesday 17 June 2015

Oxford art comp ( work in progress)

With the trip to Lancaster Comics Day and meeting about how to possibly progress with the 299 book out of the way I finally found time to continue a little more on the painting of the university museum.
 
It's looking pretty rough at the moment. Some of the details from before were a bit faint and I felt I had to add a bit more detail and shadows before breaking out the oils.
 I find I'm working a little more hesitantly compared to when I paint animals or people, perhaps it's the lack of familiarity with painting buildings.
 
Time wise it's taken about ten hours in total to get to this stage of painting( 6hrs from day one and 4 hrs today) and that's not including the sketchbook work in preparation to tackling this.
 
 
.

No comments:

Post a Comment